Monday, May 25, 2009

The Story of Amy

Don't worry, I'm not going to tell my life story in a blog post.

The other day I found a book that was given to me by my good friend, Eva. I was a counselor at Kanakuk and Eva was a kamp nurse. The book is The Selfish Giant by Oscar Wilde. I don't really associate him with children's books, especially ones with a Christian theme, but this is one of my favorites. So when I opened it up after many, many years, what should fall out but a sweet story that my BFF Sarah wrote for me during a particularly rough period of my life while I was in college. I was again a counselor at kamp and Sarah sent me a big care package for my barn (that's what they're called at K-Kountry) filled with hair bows, bubbles, play-doh, crayons, and other fun stuff. Basically a little cheer-me-up package for me to share with my girls. It made me so happy to get it (mail is golden at kamp) and it was a nice reminder of how great it was when I read it again the other day. I'm going to post it so you can read it too. Sarah, can you believe I still have it?! Thanks again for being there for me and helping me deal with some tough stuff. You are so dear to me.







4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness- I had completely forgotten about that! That makes me so happy that you kept it. :) What an artist I am!

I love you!!

Nicole said...

What a CUTE note! I love to come across stuff that I completely forgot about!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! BFFs are wonderful, aren't they? That's awesome that you kept it :)

Sara D. said...

Oh, I love that! What a great (and thoughful) idea!!!!