Monday, November 23, 2009

The Rest of the Story

No, not an homage to Paul Harvey, but a continuance of my last post. Around 11:30 I received a call from the girls' school that JJ had a fever of 102 degrees. So I scrambled to hand off my projects at work (seriously, the WORST day this could happen), and went to pick her up. I went into the nurses office and she had just fallen asleep. And since she was so exhausted, she peed herself during those short 5 minutes of slumber. I realized this after I scooped her up and cuddled with her and the wetness seeped through my jacket. She didn't fall asleep on the way home, but that's okay because we snuggled on the couch for a little bit and then she took a nap in her crib. Yes, she is 2 1/2 and still in a crib. I'm not going to tell her that's crazy if you won't. I'm hanging onto the crib for as long as I can. She is contained and she doesn't know that she can get out. Though she can crawl in from the outside.....

Later on we go pick up M and I am still planning on Subway for dinner. So I drag my poor, sweet JJ into Subway. While they are making our sandwiches, she vomits all over me. On my shoulder, down my back, on my purse, and onto the floor. And the girl behind the counter hands me one of those pointless paper towels - the brown paper sack ones that have zero absorbancy. People look at me, but no one offers to help. They must not have children. Or they have never seen a kid puke. Or they were scared that it might be swine flu. Then other people are coming in to order but no one has come to clean up the puke on the floor. I try to use the "paper towel" to wipe it off the floor, but seeing as I am holding a two year old and covered in puke - it's a little difficult. And all this time M is picking out the 10 different kinds of chips that she wants to eat. It would have been easier to just make mac & cheese.

We got home, had baths, and then I put the girls to bed. I of course fell asleep in M's room and woke up around 10:30, still needing to read proofs for work. So I went to bed at 2. And JJ woke up at 2:15. M woke up at 4. Much coffee was needed the next day.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Omgosh Amy that sounds terrible! I hope JJ is better!