Monday, July 27, 2009

Hot Rolls

This weekend I went to visit friends in Branson. I needed some time away and I wanted to be in the place that brings me so many happy memories. To your surprise, none of them involve Shoji Tabuchi. And we have good friends that moved there in March and I haven't seen them since then!

I was able to hang out with Bill & Maria and their sweet little one, Nathan. And spending time with some of the girls in their summer program, Discipleship Focus, was really good for my heart. Discipleship Focus helps staff Silver Dollar City for the summer with Young Life leaders from cities all over the United States.

And my visit back to Kanakuk for the first time in 10 YEARS was truly blessed. I believe that God carved out time for me with people that he knew I needed to see and talk with. It was hard to leave, but I know I will be back soon.

Would you believe that I didn't even take any pictures? I had my camera the whole time but I was too immersed in just hanging out and enjoying my time there that I didn't think of that until I was back on Highway 65 heading north. So in lieu of photos from this weekend, I'm including a couple pictures from my years at K-Kountry that really make me smile.


Me & Daley Niederhofer


Barn 8 Ski Trip day on Taneycomo Lake

On the way out of town I stopped into Lambert's to get a half dozen rolls. They're awesome - even when they aren't thrown at you.

No comments: